Sys Admin TALK Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.6 Sys Admin TALK Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware > Ultra 60 mouse not working.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chad
Fledgling SysAdmin

Ultra 60 mouse not working.

I have an ultra 60 running Solaris 10. It has been powered off for a couple months and moved from one desk to another.

Someone booted it this morning and the GUI login came up. I can login but the mouse cursor does not move. It just sits in the middle of the screen.

In openboot I ran "devalias" and see a mouse device (as an alias anyway). I don't have more time to look at it today so I figured I would post and see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Chad

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-07-2007 05:28 PM
chad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad Visit chad's homepage! Find more posts by chad Add chad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad
Fledgling SysAdmin

The 8 pin mini DIN on the keyboard has a broken pin. (The mouse connects to the keyboard and the keyboard connects to the workstation.)

I am now trying to find a replacement keyboard since the cable is built into the keyboard.

If you have one you don't need let me know. The p/n is 320-1270-01.

Thanks,
Chad

Old Post 12-09-2007 12:28 AM
chad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad Visit chad's homepage! Find more posts by chad Add chad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffx
SAT Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by chad
The 8 pin mini DIN on the keyboard has a broken pin. (The mouse connects to the keyboard and the keyboard connects to the workstation.)

I am now trying to find a replacement keyboard since the cable is built into the keyboard.

If you have one you don't need let me know. The p/n is 320-1270-01.

Thanks,
Chad

I think I have one. Well I think I have a keyboard from a SparcStation 20 that will probably work. It is in my garage. I will dig it out tonight and let you know.

J

Old Post 12-11-2007 04:22 PM
jeffx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffx Click here to Send jeffx a Private Message Visit jeffx's homepage! Find more posts by jeffx Add jeffx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffx
SAT Moderator

My garage is messier than I thought. I can't find my old Sun systems. I am suspicious that my girlfriend may have done a purge. I'll keep an eye out for it. Sorry.

Regards,
Jeff

Old Post 12-20-2007 01:58 PM
jeffx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffx Click here to Send jeffx a Private Message Visit jeffx's homepage! Find more posts by jeffx Add jeffx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad
Fledgling SysAdmin

No worries Jeff. Thanks for checking.

Old Post 12-20-2007 04:52 PM