Sys Admin TALK Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.6 Sys Admin TALK Forums > Main Forums > Security > Good Antivirus Tool
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rao_jags
SAT Newbie

Good Antivirus Tool

Hi,

We are a small organization with about 25 users. We woul like to try out some good Antivirus tools which are Not so expensive at the same time can do the following :

1. Update all the workstations from a central installation automatically
2. Update the Central Installation with the latest virus signatures and update the workstations consequently
3. Should also be able to take care of adwares / malwars and spywares
4. Should not be hogging the memory and the bandwidth.

Can you suggest some tools.
We have tried the following but were disappointed:

1. Sophos - Hogs the memory
2. FSecure - Not effective
3. Mcafee / Trend - Expensive

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2006 09:12 AM
rao_jags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rao_jags Click here to Send rao_jags a Private Message Find more posts by rao_jags Add rao_jags to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dhrystone
SAT Newbie

Good Antivirus Tool

Have you tried some of the free ones? I've had good luck with Clam Antivirus, and my wife seems to like AVG. Symantic has a pretty good antivirus package, but the subscription can be a bit pricey.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with McAfee, as there seems to be a bug with Vista, where McAfee Antivirus causes a blue screen to be received intermittently from time to time, causing users to have to perform a hard shutdown each time.

Good luck!

Old Post 12-12-2007 05:05 PM
dhrystone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dhrystone Click here to Send dhrystone a Private Message Find more posts by dhrystone Add dhrystone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad
Fledgling SysAdmin

In the past I was happy with clamav on our mail servers to scan each message. I have not run it on the desktop.

http://www.wirelessedge.ca/ has a device that sits inline with the network gateway. We were impressed with it. Disclaimer: My employer has become a reseller.

Old Post 01-16-2008 05:37 PM
chad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad Visit chad's homepage! Find more posts by chad Add chad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote